Thursday, August 18, 2016

Operation: YARD SALE (What WAS I Thinking?)

     I interrupt my otherwise peaceful blog about life in the country, to bring you these crass commercial messages~

     After reaching out to my FB friends and family (tremendously helpful advice...thank you very much), I then commenced to pulling, dusting, pricing, tagging, boxing, grouping and attempting in some way to (ha) organize said yard sale materials, and ...may I just say, at T-minus 36 and counting, "So much for orderly~"

     But in addition to stating the obvious (i.e. WHEN is this sale, and WHERE is this sale)
   
Answer:

(This) Saturday, August 20th from 7am - 7 pm  
     AND (because we're crazy this way)

     Sunday, August 21st from noon - 5 ~

Why? You ask, would you dare do a second day? Couple reasons actually...
 1) Since some of you will be heading Lebanon way to attend the Wilson County Fair, you might not want to tote some big ol piece of furniture with you (so you can come back)
 2) By Sunday, what didn't get sold on Saturday will be drastically reduce not to have to move it again and
 3) There are 5 families involved in this thing...My own contributions alone are taking up an acre of this sweet man's yard and then some...Having sold a condo to embrace this country life over here, having had tenants who ran restaurants in a property out of town (can we say "Restaurant Starter Kit"?), having run a dress shop in my past, a radio show for 20 years, I had more stuff than Carter's got little liver pills...(Believe it or not, in addition to radio station equipment, such as sound boards and mics, I actually have the original Round Table for you uber Nashville nostalgic...)

     Second most critical piece of information I'm told is:
                                     "ITEMIZE" ...(i.e. "Tell Us What You Got") 
-- a task easier said than done, given the list would be much better if pictures came with....To that end, we have pictures of some, but not all stuff, as I was stuffing into boxes before I realized "Oh a picture of that would've been nice")

     So with these apologies made in advance, I'm culling together a list of items...and between now and Saturday pre-dawn, will add pics as I go (in other words, check back if you care to...Otherwise, just come see us!)

     Location for said wonderful sale is:

                                           3145 Cairo Bend Road, Lebanon, TN 37087

(and no, this is not my house, so be mindful of my friends graciously offering up their spacious yard for this) ...We won't be open for business till 7 and we won't be sticking things in the yard the night before, so again, I just ask you be considerate...(cause my friends and neighbors are my number one asset in life and I'd like to keep it that way!)

    NOW, with that said, here's a partial list of things even I didn't know I had backing up in my closets and storage spaces after all these years...(Again, I'm going to update this blog along the way...Not as organized as I'd have liked to have done it, but given the time crunch, it is what it is...I will work to add more pictures along the way, especially of some of the larger items; again, check back~~ I'll update with more specific detail, those things I am still uncovering as I go...)

     But for now (cause you eventually just gotta dive in somewhere) here's the gist of it...Here are a few of the high points...(Having moved 2 truckloads over already, I missed photographing those things...Oh well.. Maybe we'll make this a running commentary...A FB play-by-play of items we failed to note first time out!



     Clothes, clothes and more clothes! (And by clothes, I mean designer clothes, evening gowns, leather jackets, one silver fox fur coat (yes, somebody actually got me that for a gift one year...:) To that end, I also have 1 "never-been-used" Oleg Casini wedding gown with pearl bodice and fairytale princess look :) It's stunning if I do say so myself....Purchased for a photo shoot, not my wedding folks, (so no, it's not jinxed :) I know. Girls are funny about this stuff. This one's all good. And stunning)

    I have cowboy boots, snow boots, fancy flops, high heels, we got purses galore, shawls, scarves, tanks, T's, bathers, shorts, office wear (we're not wearing anymore)...You name it...Mostly in smaller sizes but my compadres have clothing items as well...(And they have kids, so I'm betting there'll be some of that too!)



     Of all the things I have the most of, it's JEWELRY!!  ~ costume jewelry,  vintage pieces, necklaces, earrings, pins, bracelets, chokers, hair fobs, etc..etc......(Keep in mind I once owned a women's clothing store, so many things date back...Other things have just accumulated over the years. Sadly I had tagged and individually (clear) wrapped the bulk of these items before realizing "A display would've been nice Evins" ... Suffice it to say, we've marked things WAY down, and I've got WAY lots of it~ (Over 400 individual pieces...I know. I filled 4 train cases full to the brim for safe keeping!)

     Rivaling jewelry for the most items in a category, BOOKS are second (actually, may be first now that I think of it) ...Twenty years of the metaphysical radio show Beyond Reason, and I've got crates of books that'll be going for about 75cents each, so come ready to pour over them~ (Buy a bunch and we'll discount like you wouldn't believe). I likewise have audio books, series, DVDs, CDs, But more than anything else, we got BOOKS galore! (Come start your own store...Books live to be read and these need a home!)




     We got kitchenware galore! Commercial kitchen? We've got you covered...From heavy duty milkshake glasses and one of those silver malt-making device we all loved at the local drug store...Got griddles, microwaves, pots, pans, utensils...(On this I'm sticking a per price for the items in the bin, but would prefer to sell the whole lot at once ...if you're thinking of opening your own shop...please check us out!)

     Likewise, I have non-commercial kitchen items galore as well...(Nothing like writing cookbooks to have you investing in every cute cozy and bakeware set known to man...TV shoots and trade shows call for colorful and cute presentation pieces... May my showcasing days be your next fun picnic, housewarming party, bridal shower, kitchen-perker-upper days~ We got your Pottery Barn dish ware, your Hearthstone bakeware and everything in between...You got a kid setting up house, let me help! We've got you covered...(I'm good at this sort of thing1)

     Knick-Knacks ~ I am the QUEEN of knick-knacks! At some point they become cumbersome to dust, but we got novelties galore from vintage teapots to (lots and LOTS) of cup and saucer sets...(My dad was big on anything Franklin Mint series, so get ready to see everything from Williamsburg pewter figurines to porcelain dolls to replica patterns from the world's top 5-star restaurants, etc ...(Sorry Dad. We're trading china for goat bowls...kids gotta eat! ;)


     Did I mention VINYL? OMGosh! Fair warning, my music repertoire is rather eclectic; Got everything from Wilburn Brothers and Grandpa Jones picking banjos (not together; 2 separate albums...several actually) to Madona, to Reba's first... We got hits of the 50s to Dean Martin's Christmas album...Conway to Jim and Tammy Faye (talk about a collector's item :)




     As for larger home furnishings, we've got leather couches w/ matching chair and ottoman, framed artwork, full length mirrors (over mantel or upright wardrobe style) ...We've got sculptured figurines, end tables, dressers and night stands...One (full size) brass bed head and foot rails, bar stools, patio furniture...tablecloths, serving pieces, wall art, sconces, etc...etc..

     We got yer exercise equipment (where else would I be hanging my clothes?) such as a ski machine, a rowing mating...a mini tramp...you name it. Got leg weights, dumbbells, all sorts of things I used to use before hoeing, chasing dogs and farming became my new aerobic regime.

     My compadres in this yard sale insanity have yard equipment for you guys...mowers, trimmers, tools...We got One Massey Ferguson tractor (More on that in a separate entry...) We got tarps and wagons and all sorts of yard/farm helping tools...We got tool kits, outdoor lights, Christmas lights (I also have freshly cut lavender and irises in pots should you be up for the transplanting season~)

    All in all, too much to list, but we had to start somewhere...I'll be adding pictures as I go HERE on the blog (so as to not overload my FB page with endless pics, though I will post reminders when I add more, so you, my insider/blog-reading people, will have first stab at it :)

     So come one/come all! From Nashville, you'll take the Gallatin/Hwy109 exit (exit 232B) back toward Lebanon; turn right on Lebanon Road, and in a mile or so, you'll take a left between a big ol Wilson County Fair sign and a green sign pointing you to my alma mater, Friendship Christian School! (This is Cairo Bend Road~) Turn left on Cairo Bend, and go 3 miles (exactly) ...And you can't miss us! Just turn right by the big, red tractor and fluffy, white dog !

     Bring Cash! Bring a wagon for your haul! Bring your family...Bring your friends! While yes, yard sales serve to benefit the one clearing space (and catching up on bills)  I'm equally hopeful that 3 decades worth of personal belongings (complete with their stories and fun energy) can now add a little joy and pleasure to your world as well...Nothing would make me happier!

     Stick around...
     More pics to follow...

     Thanks for your patience as I try to find my floor again :)



   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...