Thursday, January 14, 2016

How Not to Blog

Roz ... Before the week began
     I am glad I did not state specifically for the world to see, my New Year's resolutions, as two weeks in and I've already broken half of them... Anything that started with "daily" (as in "incorporate more of this into your routine") hasn't fully been incorporated and in reflecting on why it's pretty simple: my days were packed already. (What was I thinking?) Between farm commitments (may be no garden going, but the chores are forever) ...the goats (now entering another round of birthings) ... a new puppy AND puppy obedience school)...work projects...church projects...volunteer projects...friendship maintenance ...writing...living...being...Well, I don't think I'm alone when spotting: "To add ANYthing new into your life Evins, you're going to have to delete some things first."
     Sadly, as our houses grow more cluttered with each Kmart run, our closets overflow from one too many trips to the mall, our phones unable to store more pictures till we clear out our clouds, so go our lives...And yet mindlessly, endlessly we take on one more thing, meet one more person (and face it, most of us don't ditch our old friends just because we  make new ones)...We commit to one more project...At what point will we stop and realize we're manifesting things and activities and events in our lives quicker and quicker these days, and yet no one since Newton has stopped to remind us that "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" meaning for each new thing, each new invite, each new person met, each new activity tackled, come new set of responsibilities stemming from responses requiring new RE-actions, which in turn need responding and re-acting to, and so on and so on...
     Sad our lives aren't wired like our cell phones where before we hit the wall we're told our capacity is up only to be offered a plethora of monthly options to buy more storage.   If only there was a 99-cent-a-month plan so we could just tack on more space when we've run out of what we were originally given. In our increasingly noisy lives there is no such option. But does that stop us? No.  We just keep adding and adding and adding to our overextended lives anyway. And then we question our memories and our sanity wondering why we have the attention span of a gnat or can't remember where we were last Tuesday night. (Something I have lots to say about, but right now is not the time, lest I get further behind on this week's activities.)
     I titled this one "How Not to Blog" because each and every day this week deserved a blog all its own AND in real time. Had I stuck to my plan, there'd be four here by now (adding guilt to the overall mix of things).  So new, so eventful, so gripping some of this week's lessons (not all of them happy ones btw) I was too busy LIVING my life to write about it. So busy was I in questioning (be it instructors, be it myself, be it God) I found myself utterly exhausted by the end of each day, and as a result my body's need for sleep won out over my mental desire to live up to my commitment to a piece of paper made 2 weeks ago.
     So I'm making up for that today.
     Rather than updating you in real time...I'm updating you all at once; 4 days after. The good news is, a bit more reflection is now added to the mix. (Hoping that'll make up for me breaking my New Year's resolution of blogging here daily.)
     So forgive the "week-in-a-day" series of blog entries you're about to receive. Other option was to make one long entry, but given the differences each day held, the former option feels a more organized one, (organization and elimination of things being high on that resolutions list, and one I HAVE stuck to. Of course the year has just begun so I have miles to go before I sleep...)
     First up: Roz's first day of (obedience) school. (Brace yourself. This was one of the precious ones... I know everyone thinks their child special--and each one is-- But Roz, doing something SO off the beaten path for anyone ever from this family to attempt...well, it was an adorable thing to behold... a total unknown for the both of us. But may I just say she was a brave little pupster to have tackled it with such grace and charm.)
     Next on my list:  build some fold out steps for the Jeep so as to get her there by the end of the run or else by end of season she'll be driving...#growingbytheminute)
   
   

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and enjoy hearing about the pups, goats & cats!! You have many gifts and one is definitely writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...