Saturday, May 28, 2016

Just When I Thought I Couldn't Cry Anymore...

     So I came home for a couple of days...And oddly enough, I've been in bed most of it...Makes me wonder if it might not be best just staying where you are...Not stepping out of it, but marching on... Something about coming home...out of the gestalt of what you were just getting used to ....
     Much as I love this farm and my babies...much as I  longed to dust and wash and iron (for my therapy more than cleaning anything...after all, no one where I am cares about ironed clothes, least of all me...)
     But in looking for something to iron by (which is my favorite kinda therapy) I flip to the guide to see what might be iron-worthy, if not what I might've recorded while away for days such as these when all I need is to watch something while doing something mindless...

     Oh look... Gaithers are on...(may be Trinity Network; may be an infomercial...If it says Gaithers, I am prone to check it out either way as I'm seldom disappointed)

     Tonight it was Joey and Rory...

     God love this couple...

     Love the Gaither's music...Love these folks' music...

     But so caught up in our own story, I wasn't fully up to speed on theirs behind the scenes...While I keep up with their blog...and knew Rory had taken on her angel wings, but clearly this production was done a year or so ago...Funny how you feel some folks are family...I was curious to know the story leading them through their journey....

     I watched and I cried...

     I cried as I watched...

     My God...what an angel voice...

   
     Something about that sweet couple facing all they faced... and hearing her angelic voice singing "I need thee every hour" ... and "It is well with my soul" started the floodgates all over again...

     It just really spoke to me this Saturday night...


     To all you other families out there facing your own ...
                  I pray you know you are not alone.

     No one's got a monopoly on these earthly painful experiences...

     Best we can do is be there for each other in spirit and in prayer....

     God knows we are grateful for those loving us through ours right now.

     Heartfelt thanks this holy-day weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...