Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ever So Slightly Guilty

Though I know this is a farm blog...you must know I come to this as one quite familiar with city living...after all,  city life (including all things business and dinner meetings) was my life for more years than I've ever been farming.

So when my much respected friend (with schedule far more cram packed than my own) made space in the schedule for dinner at one of my all time favorite haunts, I responsibly fed the kids early, in hopes I would feel no guilt if the dinner ran late (which it did)...Only problem is, the guilt kicks in especially much in moments like these...

So here I am in the city... Happy to have caught up with my cherished, and ambitious friend, sharing everything from political insights to business endeavors...

My one waking thought: Are the babies OK? Like a mom wanting to call the sitter, these images ran through my mind. Yes, I'm SO glad I fed the kids early (and thank you for granting me a pass like a teen away from her parents...) But isn't it curious that guilt still reigns supreme?

In my effort to find relief anywhere I might, may I just say it kinda made me laugh when the valet took over my vehicle...

Pretty sure goat chow in the back seat was never something he'd locked a door for....

Likewise kinda certain that changing out of mud boots while pulling up to doorman did anything to impress as I struggled to swap into heels. Then again, so goes my life ...

Rome wasn't built in a day...

Neither do changes to our own creative empires happen instantaneously...

Here's to reconfiguring our bricks one effort at a time...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...