Sunday, July 5, 2015

Birds and Bees

   
Couple more days and I'm naming him. I thought it might be Minks.
I'm now thinking it may be Teddy (bird) Bart...
(From our Beyond Reason days we always said we'd send signs.)
     My mornings begin earlier than ever now that I have a new bird alarm. The tap, tap, tapping begins around 5:30 and the singing is incessant. I now have white dogs, a black cat, a blue (betta) fish and one red bird who, for reasons unknown, starts at my bedroom window and follows me throughout the house as the day progresses. (Oh, and let's not forget the 50 shades of grey goats. I'm like a walking Crayola box of critters over here...)
Boo ponders the bird.
     Re: the bird, responses have varied from "It's seeing its reflection" to "It's there to eat your bees" but because it goes from window to window as I go about my day, I'm convinced it's here to see me, so I shall continue to study it, speak to it, ask it why it's here, etc...(If it does more than sing, I'll let you know.) As to reflections in the glass, he's definitely seeing in as he gets annoyed when I turn my back or do something as to ignore him (as I did several times while on a call yesterday...ticking the little dude off immensely).
     I'm told he's a Summer Tanager (http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Summer_Tanager/id) and that he likes wasps (good news) and bees (not so good news, though I've not seen him on the bee side of the farm).  I do have wasp nests near where he is, so he is free to knock himself out (on wasps that is...preferably not my window pane).
     Meanwhile, if it is bees he's after, he's in for a smorgasbord~ My keeper was by two days ago to check the hives. Seems we have very happy bees, which should come as no surprise. They not only have a veggie garden in full bloom, but a lavender grove and wildflowers now in their immediate proximity. Seems they've doubled in population since arriving on my scene.We've double and triple stacked the hives and anticipate adding more. (Nothing like happy birds and bees amongst your flowers and your trees and your moon up above....and that thing called love!)

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...