Tuesday, March 17, 2015

No Stress Here

   
     I'm told there's a stress chart out there somewhere and you can add up your points to see if you're alive. Things like "death of a spouse" and/or "divorce" usually top it, so I suppose things could be worse. Still and so, I'm pretty certain most people have buckled for less.
     Let's see...
     Last week it was emergency-room-turns-hospital-stay...(with a bleeding ulcer no less; if you're gonna do this thing, let's do it right, that's my motto~)
     This week, my mom's in the hospital, dehydrated from food poisoning...(At least we didn't land there together. I doubt seriously they could've handled us both, but at least we now know all the nurses.)
     I've officially moved from the city...(kept a condo for years, but since raising goats, I seldom get to see it, so this is best...Still, the move came at an unusually busy time.)
 


      Just for grins, we rescued a dog and are fostering till the new owner can get to us. (The stress here is dreading goodbyes. Yes, there's been an additional mouth to feed, and overall newness factor, but the hard part is trying not to bond, emotional exhaustion being the worst kind of tired there is. The good news: Lily's adorable. The bad news: Lily can't stay. Rosebud and Boo don't like her and stressing them stresses me.  Still and so, she's a sweetheart --(a sweetheart with abandonment issues, which means she will not let you out of sight and cries for whoever petted her last. That Lily...Such a good gurrrrrl.)
     Today she will accompany me again as I move the last of my boxes just before meeting with my closing attorney and handing keys over to new owners.
     Oh, and for good measure, you simply MUST lock your keys in your vehicle...Why it wouldn't be a move without those AAA guys~

     But hope springs eternal. Tomorrow's a new day...We'll be paying off the mortgage...Doing that Ramsey debt-free scream and rolling up our sleeves to finish Cookbook 3 and start this year's garden...
     All in a day's work. (It's just been one heck of a long day).
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...