Monday, March 23, 2015

Too Much Stuff!

   

     While my "21 Days to Minimalist Living" was a total bust, I must confess that a basement crammed with enough belongings to furnish a small village isn't the answer either.... How one little person could accumulate so much "stuff" in such a short life is beyond me.
     I gifted myself the weekend not to think about it. The junk will still be there tomorrow.
     What I can say is there's a momentum that happens when you clear out space (for me personally, I closed on a condo, chalk full of additional belongings I kept distancing and distancing from until one day: It's a jailbreak!  As city overnight stays gave way to the heart tugs of goats back home and gardens symbolizing a far more peaceful life back in the country), all I can say is there is something to be said for unblocking energies when one finally makes the decision consciously to simplify, even downscale, after years of equating material possessions with success or (God forbid) peace of mind.
     Wisdom must come with age for I'm honestly starting to get that whole Einstein /E=MC2 equation, as it dawns on me that matter really is energy, and at this stage of my life, give me energy any day. Ironic to discover that the less I trip over (literally) the more peaceful my daily flow of life and energy. The less to maintain, the more time for doing, or better yet, Being. The thought of redirecting newly released thoughts and energies toward causes and people I love ...Well, let's just say, I find myself stuck in internal debate between "Is this a trick question?" and "OK Evins. What took you so long?"
     The real trick is to not abhor the vacuum ... while it's a new love, the fact that I'm discovering I love space more than material stuff may just be the love of my life I've been waiting for.
     I will say this: It's sure as heck easier to buy things than to sell them... the concept of liquifying seems a swimmingly good idea as I think everybody's life could use a little more flow and a lot less clog in their veins. (Then again, maybe that's just me...I'll report back when I know more.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...