Friday, March 13, 2015

Sweet Hour of Prayer (Holding JK in this Moment)

   
     I spent yesterday in a courtroom, pouring over pictures of faulty barn construction. With lawyers and workers by my side, and former worker across the room, hours were spent going through receipts and testimony and otherwise critical details for a not-so-critical life event (unless it happens to be you that gets stuck with it).
     It was dark by the time I got home. An errand for my mother, a few hugs for the pups and I collapsed to the sound of rains with a pounding headache.
     This morning I awake and for the first time in a day, check emails to see what's been happening with the rest of my world, when a flurry come regarding a friend (of whom I wrote two days ago) whose day was trying as well. Only her trials didn't involve lawyers. (More like doctors.) Her focus, not on material, worldly concerns, save for the physicality of her own earthly body. Her energy spent on nothing so trivial as faulty barn construction. Her energy is needed for purposes far loftier...Her energy needed purely for life.
     I am reaching back out to friends when the phone rings. The news of a situation intensifying, now surges through the spiritual grapevine of our church family, as folks are asking "What can we do? How can we help?"
     "I've sent you a picture" my friend offers...I took it last fall on a camp out with our church. It's of beautiful JK and precious Colette. I just really like it...You're free to share it. I thought it captured her spirit so beautifully"
     (First, may I say, Blair undersold the capturing thing. My photographer friend has a masterful eye and he did, indeed, capture pure spirit...pure essence on this one.)
     A picture was precisely what I needed this morning. It was a gift, straight from heaven. No room for anything less than perfection in this mental moment. No ICU or hospital gown. I want to hold purely in thought, this woman, this moment in life and all its natural glory, which is what we all know JK to be...even now. ESPECIALLY now.
     To know her is to love her. For those of you who do, here is a picture to go with your prayers...
     With all my heart I believe "when two or more gather" miracles can happen. There is no denying, there is power in prayer. I've seen it happen. I've lived it happening. I'm calling on you to see, feel and know it's happening too...NOW.
     I invite you to join me as we picture JK, just as she is here in perfect health...whole and happy...peaceful ...perfect.
     (Colette we picture you too. These prayers go double for you sweet friend.)
     Knowing God's Spirit enfolds you~
     We are one in this life...one in this moment with you.

(For those who've asked, "What can I do to help, now is the moment. Now is the time. Please pause for a moment of silence. Please hold these dear women in prayer. Please give what you can TODAY.  Our girls need us. Please pray. Please give: http://www.gofundme.com/jkstrongcancergone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...