Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Bug's Life

           So the pictures we'll save for another day. This one ends early for a girl covered in whelps and insect bites. I’m not sure in times like these if Google doesn’t do us more harm than good. Symptomatically, I woke up with no energy and just couldn’t get a grasp on my day. I took two naps (with a doctor’s visit in between) and am heading to bed (before dark) still with no energy. (Yes, fatigue is one of the main symptoms of nearly every tick-infested disease. Can’t help but wonder…But I don’t feel flu-ish. More kinda “blue-ish” …It’s such an odd feeling not to have energy. I supposed I have taken that gift for granted and for this I am sorry. Days like today really put it in perspective, I gotta say.
            To be safe I started the steroids (which last time I did this, kept me awake for 23 out of 24 hours…for a full week. I got a lot of house cleaning done that week. I also gained 10 pounds in 10 days…I was eating all the time…hungry round the clock.)
            But that was a brown recluse. These are ticks. One’s venom is poisonous; the other carries diseases. (Good to know your bugs when you live in the country, cause Lord knows you’re gonna cross paths.)
            For now, we’re keeping an eye on things (when my eyes are open).

            For now, it's "Night. Night. Sleep Tight"  (And please God, don’t let there be any bedbugs on top of it all. Don’t think my body could take it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...