Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Wobbling Jeep

     It was a moment worthy of a post. Probably should've kept both hands on the steering wheel rather than shoot video, but this activity had gone on long enough. I decided to use my social media moment and ask for help. What the HECK was going on with my steering wheel?
     The Facebook post netted me all sorts of info, scariest of which was,  mine was not the first Jeep to have this problem (dubbed the "Wrangler Death Wobble" which was enough to make me park the thing immediately). Sadly, I had already been to the dealership...even left the vehicle overnight, so they could take it for a drive themselves, but they insisted it must've been a one time thing, and returned her to me with all recalls updated. Sadly, the wobbling began again, just as soon as I hit 440, where it happens regularly, (though it happens other places as well).
     While sorting it out, I am reminded of one of our livelier Beyond Reason interviews, wherein our guest had a unique take on people and cars. On a show titled "Your Car/Yourself" Elizabeth Marshall shared that our etheric bodies extend beyond our physical boundaries (i.e. skin) affecting the aura zone around us, meaning that whatever was going on with your car was a reflection of something going on inside of you. It made for a most thought-provoking hour as she fielded calls from folks with a myriad of car problems, each of which she interpreted individually, as something to going on inside their bodies.
     For instance, engine problems were heart related; cracked windshields - something visual or something you didn't see coming now hitting your world. One guy's car horn kept going off, which she equated with his voice wanting to be heard. My own at the time, was that my clutch kept going out, which she explained had everything to do with me not dealing well with changing gears.
     Not sure if she's still on the planet, but if so, I'd be curious her take on my wobbly steering wheel. I'm betting she'd tell me I'm in need of sturdier direction in my life...or perhaps I am to steer clear of things that appear dangerous.  Or maybe she'd tell me that at this particular point in time, my life could go in any number of directions and I'd be wise to seek serious answers, and you know, she would be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...