Thursday, October 9, 2014

Playing Amish

   
           Much as it's been feeling like a barn to me, today it really took on the vibe as the guys hoisted and positioned the rafters that will soon protect my loft...
   
            So many details...So much talent in my crew...So much energy coming from the timbers that carry vibrations from farm families dating back to post Civil War days... So many thoughts and feelings as I watch it all come together.

       But for now, I lay me down to sleep and pray the Lord my barn to keep (dry at least... until its little tin roof gets to rest perfectly in its own little resting place for its next incarnation, and then what a wonderful sound we are in for when it rains!)
   
     Meanwhile, I have to say...As much fun as it's been watching these crews at work, it's been equally fun watching happy pups and goats checking things out day by day. Funny how they know somehow that this one's for them~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...