Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sad Sorta Sunday

   
    The day started out sad, and ended on sad, painting everything in between with melancholy. Some days you just need a good cry. Today was one of those days.
     I opened up Facebook to find a friend had lost his dog of 15 years--a  post that netted him 78 replies. It lent meaning to stop and reflect on just how much dogs matter, and how deeply we're moved by their love.
     I had gone in search of funeral details for a friend gone way too early. I knew it would be standing room only, as Cindy was a beautiful girl, a beloved teacher and an inspiration to all who knew her.
     I watched mourner after mourner share story after story in loving tribute to how one life can touched so many.
     I guess some days we need reminding of just how preciously fragile life is. We start with a date and end with a date and the rest we sum up in a dash. What we do with our dash is all we'll ever be known for.
Somedays it's more than I can grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...