Sunday, October 19, 2014

When Seasons Change

     "But the weather's so nice..." I kept telling myself. And yet it was all I could do to be out in it. With this many critters, you don't really get to sleep in, but once everyone was fed and seen to, I admit, I just wanted to lie down.
     No flu symptoms. Nothing achy. Nothing to send me into a panic (since the whole world is now on high alert thinking a sneeze could be Ebola.) It did occur to me (as I limited my intake of political talk today) "Dear God help our hospitals this (so called) flu season...If last week's Mapco incident was any indicator, I'd say our symptoms-watch will be set on "high alert" from here going forth and we won't know a sniffle from the plague.
     Still, at some level I kinda feel Ebola is partly to blame, not for having been sneezed on, but for  all that my mind (everyone's mind)  has been absorbing by way of news, talk radio and idle chit-chat at the bank.  For reasons unbeknownst to me, I decided to watch the panel hearings on what Washington had to say (and what they plan to do) and I gotta say, that only made me feel worse. (Cause face it. They've got no answers, and if they did, they'd have to wait till after the election so as to not present a controversial opinion before their constituents...Such leadership we have.)
     Truth be told, I think I've been in a funk ever since, and to make matters worse, where once there was a garden to throw myself into...weeds to pull and plants that needed me...Now is the time of year when gardens become big ratty heaps. Yesterday marked the last of mine, with the "pulling of the sweet potatoes" ~ Yes, I have a few peppers still coming in and I even found 4 new eggplants ~ But for the most part, 2014 is one for the books. While some people grow winter gardens, I'm not one of those people. Winter will find me testing my soil, scooping a bunch of poop around and getting things ready for next spring. But as for gardening (much as I love it) winter will find my ground and my body taking a much needed rest.
     I was just about to consider having my thyroid checked when I heard from a friend, with all but identical symptoms. Nothing contagious, just a lackluster feeling...something slightly agitative about it (restless was a part of it, and yet exhausted was another). Still and so...nothing I could put a finger on, so we blamed it on the weather, as I gave myself permission to do absolutely nothing (which is rare and something quite frankly, I hope goes away by tomorrow).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...