Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Let the Season Begin!

   
      Lavender or taxes? Lavender or taxes? It was a grueling day inside my head as everything in my body wanted to be outside playing in dirt. (Today we had more dirt than usual.)
     Thanks to my new second driveway (for work crews and farm equipment I'm now salivating to purchase)  mounds of topsoil were pushed aside in huge heaps across my yard, (which, I gotta tell you, is an eyesore to some, but a beautiful thing to a farmer.) Drive by calls alone triggered half dozen neighborly calls asking "What cha gonna do with all that dirt?" (I must admit, we've got some beautiful soil here on the bend...And beautiful neighbors who have shared tractors and seeders and front-loading devices while I try on for size just how much tractor I can handle.)
     In other words, just another day in the neighborhood.
     The good news is, we got the winter crops underway --asparagus, beets, broccoli, kale-- I'm going for the iron! Rosey was with me all the way...What the rains don't cover, the dog slobber should. (That dog does love a good garden.)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...