Friday, May 1, 2015

New Garden/ New Season

   

    So the writing took a hit...(A week away from blogging is the longest I've gone since beginning this journey.) And why is this? Because it's planting time in Tennessee...
     It's safe to say I am here to stay. What began as background for a cookbook is now a living, breathing part of me: in my veins, in my heart... under my fingernails as I suspect, it will be till the day I die.
     Over the past 4 weeks, I have sold my place in the city, finished my barn in the country...added new drives and mapped out new trails.  The shed that once housed goat chow, is now repurposed for garden tools. We've staked off not one, not two, but four garden plots this year, and added raised beds for a herb garden.
     Meanwhile, we've begun a whole new lavender grove, placing a meditation bench in the heart of the original (where the lavender overgrew itself because I planted the stuff too dang close ...A tribute to lessons learned and things we're still learning.)  We welcomed our first weeping willow, along with 2 wisterias, an apple and a cherry tree...Next up: a wild flower patch for the bees~ (Four colorful new hives having debuted just last week.)
     The goal: sustainable living. The vision: to build upon what we're learning so as to one day, help others wanting to create the same.
     It's a lifestyle I recommend highly... a game plan we've only begun.
     My thanks to those who have poured their love and energy, time and talents into the mix...It's a recipe worth sharing...a creation ever in progress.
     What began with a vision, ends with sore muscles, but all in all, it feels a fair trade... an effort well worth the investment.
     Here's to the honor of living it and loving it another day...
     Here's to life on the farm and life in the country.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...