Wednesday, May 20, 2015

On Death

     The news of her passing came with mixed emotions... Relief that she's no longer in pain... rejoicing to think where she walks today...sadness for a friend who'll no longer grace my lavender fields (at least not with a hoe...I've no doubt I'll find her spirit here daily for her memory is forever here.)
     I've said more goodbyes in these past few weeks than I've tears left to cry. Maybe it's age...Maybe it's Facebook and Tweets allowing us more immediate access to the intimate journey of loved ones and casual acquaintances alike...Hard to say.
     But one thing is for sure, it's not going away.
     As now another dear friend, brings his battle to the fore, (controversy be damned...John Jay will take his death with dignity campaign to the Supreme Court if his days on earth will let him), I find my thoughts laden with the subject...conversations centering on the topic, and personally, I think this is a good thing.
    I'll spare my thoughts for another forum...My views on the matter for another blog, save to say if we believe as Professor Holland does, that death is but a transition to another room...some winged flight to a higher state of being, then perhaps we've been viewing it wrong...Perhaps we should embrace it...rejoice in it...
    If nothing else, talk about it more openly...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...