Sunday, June 21, 2015

In My Father's House

   
     My dad and I used to laughingly say if we ever made it to heaven, it would be easy to find our mansion as it would be the one with the pee-stained carpets...

     On a day set aside for remembering, I think not only of daddy, but all the dogs we've loved before (someone should really do a remake on the Willie Nelson song~)

     To Daddy, to Darby, to Biskit and Dumpy...
           To Ike, and to Bella, and now my sweet Minks
     Here's hoping you're peaceful, the dog treats eternal
            Go romp in those lilies, enjoy those gold streets!

     Happy Father's Day in heaven, Daddy.

     Wanted to get you something special, so I asked for God's help...
     I thought and I thought and only today did it hit me... Nobody loved pups like my dad...
    Why that's where this whole thing began~

     I didn't see the plan unfolding but seems now to make sense...Like the first day I met her, Minka said "Pick me!"

     I trust she arrived safely.  I know how much you loved her. Please give her a hug from those of us back on earth. It brings my heart great comfort to think of her arriving just in time for Father's Day...and her forever home being really forever!
     
     Here's to the reunions that await us and love that surrounds us still...
     (And to shifts in perspective otherwise known as miracles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...