Monday, June 23, 2014

There's Love...and then There's Love

     I'm aware I have friends who look at my life and ask "Seriously Karlen? What gives?

They're dogs.

                  They're goats.

                                    It's a garden.
                                                       
                                                         Get a life . . .

     Some go as far as to suggest that to truly know love, one must find a human with which to share it ... (anything less is a cop out...or so I'm told) ...
   
    Yet I have other friends ....who get questioned as well...

     They are asked: "What's it like? To love something so deeply..so passionately... that your heart can break over something incapable of speaking its pain....And yet, you can literally sense it/ hear it/feel it/ know it... (And some nights you can't sleep for wondering how else you might've altered the equation...)

     While the outer world separates the R's from the D's ...
          the "haves" from the "have-not's"...
             the boys from the girls...

Others experience this love ...different, if not deeper than the love we humans call love...(i.e. the love depicted in our movies or scratched out on our greeting cards)...as it is so unconditional. We'd let everything else go, just to be in its presence a minute or two longer....(be it the snoring of a pup or the purring of a cat)

     I hear (and believe there to be) those blessed to experience love in the form of a human soul mate...and I marvel at and admire these people...But like the mythical unicorn, I've read about it, but have yet to spot it personally.

     As for me...while I ponder just which love best depicts the truest, deepest, sincerest level of love we as humans are capable of knowing/experiencing/feeling (that love we would call "unconditional") ... all I can say is this:

     For me personally, I have only found unconditional love in its truest form, comes from nature... For me total unconditionality in love has appeared in innocent life forms...those devoid of ego...so vulnerable... that any opportunity to interact on my part was not a "got to" proposition, but a "get to" opportunity for this soul to evolve...It was a joy beyond joys to be allowed into its sphere of consciousness ~ even if briefly.

     Nights like this bring out the deepest and richest (and sometimes the saddest)  moments in my life~

     But I'll accept the melancholy  ...in exchange for the gift that invariably comes with it~

     (For those reading this post in real time, please pray for TJ...and innocent life forms everywhere~)




   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...