Friday, June 6, 2014

Well, Well, Well (Diggin' the Day Away)



           After two rain delays and one miscalculated weather forecast in our favor, the well digging has commenced! Great way to catch up with all the neighbors all at one time to have a 6 ton rig sitting in your front yard as an attention grabber.
Owing to some regs I had not factored (namely, you can’t dig within 100 feet of your critters) I called in the “water witcher” once again to scope out the other half of my yard, only to twice, have the dowsing stick point downwards at the same spot. (This time we used a dogwood, as that's all I had growing that was handy.) I must say, the whole dowsing proposition is truly is a sight to behold. Guess we’ll have proof soon enough as to whether or not it works. But given there’s a whole big yard from which to select a spot and a relatively narrow batch of options for where water might spring forth (assuming there’s any at all) I personally find it helps to back all odds. For my money, the older the school, the better.

Several hours and 48 feet of casing later (casing being the part that keeps the contamination out while reinforcing the foundation once you hit rock, so as to let you drill even deeper) we called it a night; drilling to resume tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...