Saturday, November 8, 2014

Gimme a "P" !! (Not YOU, Hix!)

     Ok. Anyone who knows anything about Pyrenees know they live to protect. Around here, I have so many, it can sometimes get confusing as to who's protecting what, so we keep a chart.
     TJ (alpha male) protects the goats.
     Rosey (TJs sister) protects the girl. (That would be me.)
     Rosebud (Rosey's daughter) pretends to protect her uncle TJ but mostly protects the perimeter at night.
     That leaves Hiccapup, (aka Hix) who has taken it upon himself to protect anything and everything that remains; his favorite being Minsky. (He'd like to protect Boo, though Boo is having no part of it, and now I know why.)

      I was deeply moved to watch Hix go above and beyond to let Minsky know he had her back. (Sadly, Minsky at nearly 15, is for all practical purposes deaf, so Hix (listen closely) whimpers in such high pitch decibels, she can (for a brief second) hear him; she feels him near).  Having reached for my camera to turn up the sound in this precious exchange, I had not paid attention to the image...until now. (Had to laugh to keep from crying...This SO sums up my week, my night, my life...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...