Friday, November 21, 2014

Distractions and Focus

     Two sides / Same coin.
     (Seems dichotomy is my word for the week.)

     On a day I woke up to so many challenges I didn't even want to get out of bed, I kept to my pre- scheduled "to do" list....Why? Because I had a test. And sometimes, when I'm not quite sure where life is taking me, I sign up for a course... Cause even if I'm not so sure where the current of my river is flowing, well at least with a course, there's a syllabus to help me paddle through!

     Good news: Test passed!

     Funny part, as I arrive home to unwind and make a late night snack for some really deserving pups... A friend texts to ask: "What nutball chooses exams to unwind by?"

     (Turns out, I do. Not that I love exams. I don't. But turns out it's my own little brain trick...When it is imperative I focus, I focus. For all the other ADD-support group wanna be's out there, I'm sure you get this...Those who don't...Well, that's ok too. We've got a chair for you in the next meeting.)

     Meanwhile, I'm in.  Mission accomplished. Tomorrow I'll resume the whole "falling down rafters/ floors with no bracing/ missing materials/ barn wood that never got delivered/ billing situation" that today I opted to block from my head in order to pass my final exam so as to be a better gardener.

     Point is, my mind and my life craved this distraction today...For reasons more personal than a blog will permit, I needed this. (Did I mention I passed?) Makes me master of nothing mind you, but when cramming for tests is preferable to the petty, worldly squabbles of your day it does kinda make you want to hunker down, open a journal and take a few notes....

     (at least it does for me)

     Good news is...Tomorrow's a new day...(and everything put on hold today, will no doubt, be right there waiting for me in the morning....of this I'm sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...