Sunday, February 15, 2015

Birthdays/Holidays/Everyday

    (Wherever my last lengthy tribute went, well...that's Beyond Reason...For all I dare to think, I have yet to figure out the cloud!)

    Meanwhile, my last 48 hours exemplify beautifully, the variety of activity in a country girl's life...

    Friday, February 13th marked the 28th anniversary of a career that will forever be a part of me, and a show that will never leave me. My foray into talk radio likewise began on a Friday the 13th...in a lounge-turned-live-radio-audience, that forever changed my life. I met Teddy Bart, doing a show called Beyond Reason...The rest (as they say) is history...

     Fast forward 28 years, I now live on a farm. I would not take anything for what led me to this point...(Perhaps this blog will fill in the holes.)

     Friday was a city day/all day. Thanks to now having help on the farm, I was able to break away early...Get to Nashville in time to sign contracts and catch lunch meetings. Wrapping up somewhere around rush hour on a side of town I seldom visit anymore, (save for the fact that my one and only sibling lives near Cool Springs) well, sharing a toast on his birthday marked the perfect ending to a perfect city day.

     By Saturday, it was farm day/all day...

     Out of town friends (two likewise celebrating  birthdays) made their way from all corners of the Southeast... Nothing like a bunch of goats jumping on you, home cooked meals and Valentine's chocolates and cup cakes thrown in for good measure, to help you ring in a new year, while rounding out your weekend and setting the tone for a blustery, blizzard of an overbooked week ahead...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...