Friday, February 20, 2015

The Reviews Are In --Craftsman Heater Wins By Several Noses!

     Well, I couldn't have timed it better...So focused was I on the kids in the barn, that I forgot to check my own propane at the house, so guess who woke up to frigid cold temps? (The good news is I had a lot of space heaters on hand having spent yesterday shopping for the kids!)
     Nothing like a real emergency for a serious product test...Took that heater competition to a whole new level.
     While waiting out the verdict of whether or not that big propane truck could make it down my drive, I did something I have never before done: I read the instructions...like a novel, I read each manual, start to finish...all 7 of them. Yep. That's what I did.
     Pulling out the first and largest (a Kenmore "Quartz" heater--not suitable for outdoors or for critters that jumps or near hay that burns) I plugged the thing in for my own indoor use, only to discover it's LOUD...We're talking very, VERY loud...As in runway loud...There's got to be something wrong with this machine.

     Facebook responses ranged from "It's low on oil" ( it's not an oil burning machine) to "It's got a short" (which it likely does). But what time it was on the flat hardwood surface of my living area, it danced around, making me very nervous, and the cat even mores so, so now it's back in its tidy little Kenmore box with its receipt sticking out. (i.e. We'll be taking this one back.)

     Second was a Kenmore Milkhouse Utility Heater...(Again, heaters and things with open coils are not going in the barn. Blowers only for the barn and goat-baby purposes. But for MY money, the Kenmore's a winner! For its size, it cranks, and while I didn't quite get this when I bought it, it can also be used in the summer as a fan, so Hey . . .! (Make that "Hay!")  We'll be keeping this one!  It did a dandy job warming up the kitchen while I waited for Mr. Propane.  
     Meanwhile, back in the barn...the little red Craftsman Blower won hooves down! (Seriously... my babies are Superbowl ad material for this product...They're in love with the thing~ pictured above)



     Meanwhile, to give credit where credit is due, kudos to the Advance Propane team...This could not have been an easy day for their crews...

     As of this writing,  it's snowing again.

     How Northerners do it is beyond me.

     Right now, I'm just glad the propane dudes survived it, my own heat is cranking again and the kids are happy with their bright red heater/blower . . .

     Stay tuned...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...