Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Consumer Protection Journalism

     Let the record reflect...

     As it pertains to the journalistic approach to things, I'm more your conversational, Q&A kinda gal..This I've lived...This I have found to work well...

     When it comes to consumer protection... I do what I think we should all do ...I consult those I trust first...and then I Google...do more research.

    So went my heat-back up search... I pay close attention to the Dale Cardwells, the Andy Parghs... even my own brother...These guys know about products and what they should be doing than I could ever hope to absorb...

    But give me an abrupt change in weather...the kind of change that could kill baby goats in one blast...Well, I'm stepping up / stepping in ...Taking no chances... Selecting the best heater for the babies has now become first hand and personal. (Not to say I'm not consulting the reviews as well...but we're talking family now...Thems fighting' words!)

   So with zero and below on the charts for tonight, I risked life and limb...drove into town...bought one of everything left on a shelf...(Yes, I realize, the last/least/leftovers are last/least/likely to be the number one picks, which may be a review unto itself...but then again, I suspect there are others like me...likewise hoping to have a little extra heat for something they love and hope to have properly planned for, so for YOU, if you ventured out today thinking "Maybe one last heating device could make a difference"...well YOU, my friend,  are my audience... (if not my kin)!

     So I bought one of each of the above.. (picture attached; receipts close by)

    And when they asked, "Do you want the one year warranty?" my response was, I need the one night warranty ... Cause to quote my man Rod Stewart, "Tonight's the night."

    I may well be sleeping in a barn...and if so, all the more reason, I need to know which warms best and fastest...

    (Northerners are used to this sort of things...Tennesseans are not.)

    Yea, I know...Critters have fur...They've been surviving this stuff lots longer than we'll have this blast...

    But as I painstakingly care for mine, I share for the sake of your own... what I find ...

    Let you know how it works out...

   (Granted, this is not a scientifically valid survey...It's me. Concerned for goats... Knowing things will get knocked over...well aware of the flammability of hay, so I'll be sticking around in case a loud smoke alarm goes off...But knowing what devices I can hang from a barn/stable door vs. what things need to go back in the box...These are the things I'll be writing about come morning...provided I haven't burned myself to the ground (but if I do, know I went down with the goats!)

    I dedicate this post both for inside critters as much as outdoors (Disclaimer: I AM an inside critter as of now... one loss of power, I will be an outdoor critter... This should make my focus group no less valid)

   With ZERO and below in our forecast, I decided it's worth hunker down and test these things, even if it means having a few "extras" on hand...

    Back to you when the sun comes up ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...