Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Robin Williams


            Like the rest of the world, I was shocked and saddened to hear the news. Like so many I tuned in, turned up the volume, and sat gripped to the coverage, hoping beyond hope for some clue as to what led to this…What possible trigger was so overwhelming that this time he couldn't go on.
            So easy to spot the mania. How exhausting that insatiable drive must've been to keep us all in stitches. But sadly that gene comes with a whale of a side effect…a topic so vile it makes us squeamish to discuss. 
           When I think of Robin, I think of a life lived to its fullest. He shared with us his highest highs, but only he alone would know his lowest lows.
            Like so many I grew up on Mork and Mindy. I, too, recall the gut-busting SNL characters and the hysterical movie roles that keeps Robin Williams forever in our hearts. But for me it was “What Dreams May Come” that gripped me most. I sensed it autobiographical for a man who I can only pray, is living this very depiction of heaven today.

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams. As your public, we too eagerly ate up your laughter; but today we are with you, in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...