Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Rule #3 -Simplify Every Chance You Get

     Simplify every chance you get!

     For me...today...mine started with a smart phone. OK. So I'm so not recommending everyone go buy an expensive toy (check your plan). But I'd been resisting this one for a long time. Why? Because I hate new learning curves. Give me the old habitual phone format any day. But yesterday I faced the enemy (time) and I signed up for something new (which included a WAY too early wake up call to attend a class to learn said "smart phone" --) SIMPLIFY.  The competition's ad says "Simple is the new Smart" ...Well, I'm here to tell you, that's not just for phones anymore. Embrace it. Time's a-wastin' ~ Treat it with the respect it deserves.

     Adding to that are other simplification formulas I've come up with:

     1) "No" is a full sentence. (Learn to say it; that way you'll be way familiar when you need to use it for boundary-making purposes.) We take on way too much as a rule (especially here in the South...where "How can I help?" is right up there with "Bless Your Heart" i.e. it's second language for us girls in particular)...Not that I'm suggesting you don't avail yourself to helping others...Just pace yourselves ...You're of no use to anyone if you're spent.

     2) Helps to do in one step what otherwise takes two...Figure it out. I once watched a guy fill my goats' water buckets (all 10 of them) in one fell swoop. Pulled the hose right out and watered away. Twas not the way I did things. I'm more about the whole "Sorcerer's Apprentice"model. But his version saved time. Struck me like a lightening' bolt when he offered up this one. I stuck it away for days like today. Time is precious... dust it off and use it wisely.

     3) to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...