Friday, August 15, 2014

Why I Don't Have Kids


    Nothing worse than pulling in after a long day and an even longer week, looking oh so forward to kicking back and relaxing when it hits you...  "Dangit! I forgot the goat chow!"
     Too late to drive back; stores are now closed. What's more, I'm exhausted. Have till breakfast to figure it out...Surely a good night's sleep will help.
     For the record, goats are far pickier than their reputation suggests. They do not eat tin cans; matter of fact, they hate dirt entirely...(Which is why I spend so much time washing their flippin' bowls.) What goats DO like is CRUNCHY! Anything crunchy...Preferably salty and sweet mixed together kinda crunchy, (hence the formula for sweet feeds). But in this case, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...
     Our summer routine is breakfast only; they have grass, leaves and even hay to munch on all day long... Most goat farmers don't even do breakfast, after all, this is why you have goats in the first place, but I'm co-dependent (make that "goat-dependent"). Mine are kinda wed to the whole ritual of it all, so chow in the morning is just what we do around here...Plus, it makes for healthier, happier goats.
     But screw up that ritual and you're gonna have some LOUD screamin' kids telling' ya what for if you don't walk out that door with something in those nicely scrubbed rubber bowls of yours.
     So Boo and I did what we had to do...
     (Ok Dudes...You can forget Triscuits right now. The peppers are in, and unlike your chow, I did remember to get a block of Colby cheese~ Not my fault they don't sell goat chow at the grocery store...)
    So this day.... is a Cheerios kinda day! Breakfast food of champs, right?
    (Pretty certain if they had social services for goats, I'd be reported...)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...