Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Different Merry Christmas

   
     While Christmas eve found me fading fast with a 101 temp and the energy of a wet dish rag, I woke up Christmas day determined not to end the year in a total funk. (Amazing what 17 hours of sleep and a pain pill will get you.) Sad as the holidays had been, on the other side lay a root canal, so today was the day to make it happen if any.
     While not without its challenges (my mother's garage door got stuck, rendering her own car useless, while our other guest managed to sprain an ankle, altering what last minute plan we had cobbled together) we were blessed by a lone cab driver (actually he had his girlfriend with him, but he appeared to be the only one working this sunny Christmas day, which was just fine. It did the trick.). I managed the bird with all the trimmings...even managed to toss together a table sized tree and some lights...What little steam I had, I gave to the cause, creating our own little gathering for two to celebrate Christmas in minimalist fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...