Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day Reflection

     For all that did not happen in cheery fashion this Christmas, I have decided this:
     Christmas is best celebrated on a Thursday. We do it with Thanksgiving. Why not Christmas?
     Something about having that Friday option, where if you have to work, you're going to have leftover snacks and get only your own work done for others having taken off. If you work for yourself, it's your option. And if you can get out of it, no one's expecting you there anyway. In short, it's a lost weekend--might as well declare it as such.  For me, I like the fact that it felt like Saturday all day, today and yet tomorrow, I get another Saturday.
     If the greatest gift of all is time, then I say every Christmas should fall on a Thursday. I was grateful for a day of doing nothing but catching up, cleaning up and bulking up on antibiotics for the fun that lies ahead Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...