Monday, January 5, 2015

New Week/New Year

     As the weekend blogs will attest, I allowed myself to take full advantage both of the holiday and the lengthy weekend that followed. True to form, I was a resolution-writing fool. (Or just a writing fool. Or just a fool. Take your pick.) But to ensure things take root in the garden of my life, I allowed my seeds to bask in the soil they'd been planted for a few days, if for no other reason than to make up for a Christmas that barely got salvaged.
     Of all the gifts I gave myself, however, the number one item I discovered I must have if 2015 is to reap any reward, is the gift of HELP. Being strong willed and stubborn as the goats in my yard, I'm not sure when the "independent me" came to be, but age will break you if life doesn't, and for once...in order to fulfill even more of the things ever growing in my heart to experience in this lifetime, I have decided that help (of all things--help) is a perfectly good thing to have. As I have stated on numerous occasions, farming and gardening...these are not solo sports. Oh yes, I may come to the garden alone, but about the time those plants are ready for harvest, you better find yourself a village. As for me, in 2015, I'm in village planning mode.
     So help it is: both here on the farm. Likewise with the books. I may've thought I was coming home to hole up and write, but if I hope to keep doing it, I'm best reaching out to those who do other things that I'm not so keen on (or not that good at, or simply don't enjoy)...Things like billing (needed, but not fun to me) and warehousing (ditto)...In garden terms, things like canning and sharing...(I actually enjoy these, you just need a village if you hope to clear your kitchen in a week.) Every element that goes into running a business, goes into maintaining a farm, goes into living your life, so while the end of year found me simplifying (something I carry over into the new one) the new one finds me visualizing, and building on my dream. I've decided I'm committed to this farm-living thing, therefore, it's time to recruit a little help (as I'm discovering I'm not the only one starting to think in "sustainable living" terms). It was a big aha moment for me to recognize, "It's ok to ask." And it was an even bigger moment to realize, "And it's really ok to allow."
     So get ready 2015. If one can make a difference, imagine what happens when 2 or more are gathered...
     Here's to the year ahead~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...