Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'd Rather Be Creating


     So no matter how much I love what I do, there are days I MUST focus on things that do not have me singing like Julie Andrews. No whiskers on goats-es, nor Roseys or kittens... (Let me interpret: these things involve numbers.)
     Don't get me wrong. I have a vast respect for numbers. For all my creative ideas...for all the free flowing, stream of consciousness, "Wonder why somebody hasn't come up with one of these?" moments in my day (of which there are many) nothing, and I mean NOTHING comes to fruition without a number.      Be it a book, whose dimensions are first (will it fit in the rack? how many to a case?)  whose page count is a second (did we include enough recipes?)...be it a barn (whose square footage determines the area it winds up in, determines the lumber we need for it) ...be it a  

    (Squirrel!)     As I write, with numbers on deadline, and papers strewn before me, in the background SharkTank plays...In tonight's episode-- two college girls really into sustainable living, want to save the world with a company that makes colored paper plates from recycled paper, and their slogan is: "To save the world, throw a better party!" (Ok. That's one I hadn't thought of. I thought sustainable was about not adding to the trash heap.) Let me get this straight: We're going to party our way to sustainable living with throw away party plates~hmmmm.
     (Then again, they're on Shark Tank and I'm home paying bills...Probably best I not judge it. They might just have a better mousetrap...What do I know?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...