Thursday, January 29, 2015

Learning How to Count (It's Harder Than You Think)

   
     Admittedly numbers never were my thing. Give me colors. Give me open-ended, spacious any day...Something about linear, logical, mathematical things like counting are a "got to" not a "get to" equation in my book (i.e. something I have to force myself to tend to rather than something I look forward to)...
     Except when it comes to goats.
     Granted, life has gotten pretty busy around here and the cuteness factor is off the charts, but at the end of the day, it is serious business when it comes time to count the babies, 'cause those babies can hide in the sneakiest of places and with 1 white, 3 solid black and the rest some combination of gray, not only are my helpers trained to count, but my dogs count and I count about 20 times a day. (Yes, dogs know how to count. Just try taking 3 bowls or 7 biscuits out when there are 4 dogs to do the math. Rosey is flipping Pythagoras when it comes to biscuits. Meanwhile, Hix and TJ have been homeschooled on goats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...