Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Gamut of Emotions


Were it not enough to leave my house in an emotional state of guilt (given these faces…wouldn’t you?)
I woke this morning to two meetings on my agenda that were not there when I fell asleep last night…

State of Being as I Left: I can do this. I can do this. Thanks to those … busier than I, who chose to help me out. I can do this. I can do this. I am grateful. I can do this.

State of Being as I Return: Awwwww….Babies….Mommy’s so sorry she’s been gone so long~Are you OK? I love you too….Yep…Yep…Tell me about your day ( spoken as I get bowls ready to set in front of little puppy faces…
Of course I’ll hug you…I’m sorry I left you so long. Here’s your bowls…Yep. I’m right here…

Honestly?

This must be how every working mom feels each and everyday of her life.
The fact that I’m only learning this at this stage of my life, makes me want to call each of my girlfriends personally on the phone to apologize (but that would only take everyone from their babies that much longer)

In all seriousness….

THIS is where our real selves and personas (read: “the self I show the world each day) begin to part company...

I’m just sayin’

Here’s to us all finding the real in our lives…No apologies. No guilt.

And may we each, in coming home to our homes….our nests for re-nurturing…

May we each soak up that "me" that only each of us can be ( i.e. the only I, that I am) …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...