Monday, February 3, 2014

Mama said there'd be days like this...



Those who know me know I don’t believe in coincidences.

That’s why I had to laugh when today, between meetings and looking for the next weather report on a cable system I didn’t know so well, I scrolled past an episode of "The Office"... only to hit the one (and at the precise right moment IN said one) when Pam (having left to have her baby) returned to her turf only to have Kevin screaming “Waaaaaaah”...."Waaaaahhhhhh"  at her breasts because (shortened, edited version) this made them lactate…

This made me laugh, as I’m dealing in the same here back at the farm. (No. Not my breasts. But Rosey’s. We’re weaning the pups, but one ounce of any motherly sound –be it her entering the room, her smacking her lips, her licking her own paws…much less, something involving her licking one of her puppies and yes, she lactates…most often on whatever floor is underneath her at the time…)

On the one hand…we keep a mop handy…

On the other…I honestly don’t know what I will do two – three weeks from now when my mopping, maternal, motherly (if not grand-motherly) skills are no longer needed…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...