Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Behind the Scenes / Getting Ready to Weed

            While gearing up to go full throttle with the garden (where morning’s are kept meeting-free to work outside in the cooler part of the day in the quiet serenity of why we plant gardens in the first place), I’ve doubled up on business things for the next few so as to be fully present for when seeds and weeds need my little hands back home.
            What that means is drives to Nashville, lunch with lawyers, and a whirlwind of other things I try to get accomplished while dressed in business attire before winding my way back home to put on mud boots in time for feeding time at the zoo. Reminds me of an interview we once did with Sir Freddy Laker, the British airline entrepreneur who founded Laker Air, who we asked “Where’s your office?” His reply was “Any flat surface will do.”
            I felt like that today when working from a Jiffy Lube lobby, a hotel lobby and most recently from the surface of a bed hosting a snoring dog and a sleeping cat. (This surface isn’t quite as flat as the others, but it has its charms.)

            Meanwhile, the garden is gearing up for planting. The rows are drawn. The tilling’s done. Starting a week from Saturday (weather permitting) the signs are right for above ground crops according to Thurman, after which my job title will shift from writer/ producer to plant manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...