Monday, April 28, 2014

Miracle Monday

Dear Diary,

Let’s see…Where to begin?
So my first call of the morning was from a close friend calling to say his doctor just called…That diagnosis about his cancer spreading? Seems they got that wrong. (Thank you, God!)
My second aha moment was when Minsky, my 14 year old lhasa poo that went lame last week (yeah, the same one I was told wouldn’t make it without surgery)…Well, she walked by herself up the steps today. And she spent a good deal of her morning after that chasing a ball. (Something even I was convinced she might never do again.) Again, just goes to prove…
So my biggest problem after all this was an a/c unit that went out 2 days ago. Next call came from a contractor friend who (now that I have you on the line, might you know someone…?) Turns out…yes, he did. That same someone was able to work me in before the storms hit, fixing my little problem to a tune far less than what a replacement unit would’ve cost me (“replacement” being the word the last repairman used last fall).
Meanwhile, yes, there were storms. Yes, tornados (even now) threaten. I’m not saying everyday comes up roses. But what I am saying is that there are forces greater than our human abilities to comprehend at work. THIS I believe with all my heart. And when things look dire, more and more I am learning that if I can wait them out…if I can but override my human tendency to fear the worst, that these too come with a blessing tied in there somehow; my job…to wait for the hand to play out.

Karen Carpenter once sang of Rainy Days and Mondays (and today was certainly a rainy day). But I’m here to write about Miracle Days and Mondays. For I have come to accept that there are clouds and there are linings. More and more I'm convinced a lot has to do with how you view it and what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...