Friday, April 25, 2014

For Tracy

            I met her 2 days ago.
            Having spent so much time on business things/farm things/garden things…
It really was time to let Nashville ties go, which included leasing/sub-leasing if not totally selling out the condo I had there on West End.
 So I sent a message to a handful of people I knew...
            Couple weeks later, one response stood out…”Would I consider leasing my place to a girl who was going through chemo who needed to be near Vandy.”
            Something in this note struck a cord.
Forget business…Forget storage…Forget moving things. So what if I needed to lease my place “as is” …Turns out “as is” was not only simplest for me. It was simplest for Tracy in her latest walk of life.

            What happened beyond this (as I once used to voice as the tag line to a radio show) is “Beyond Reason”
            In time I shall blog about “Tracy” …(a girl deserving all her own of a blog)
            For now, all I can say is “Tracy” is my walking “angel” on earth.
            As I watched her today (coming straight to my farm from radiation; mask covering her mouth to prevent germs, yet longing to memorize every goat by name) all I could think was “This is the sister I never knew.”
            Little does Tracy know that when I was 6, my best friend’s name was “Tracy”.
            Little did she know that Tracy (my 1st grade/best friend pal and companion) and I used to tell our teachers in unison “We Twins” (…that’s how much we resembled; how much we longed to be real life sisters)
            Little could my newfound Tracy know that my first (and best friend ever) Tracy, died in a traffic accident when she was 16. (I was also 16) ...The loss of which, I never got over.
            But today I'm convinced...
            Sometimes God gives us a second glimpse of what could have been...
            All I can say is whatever/whenever/however Tracy wants to spend her days from here going forward…I’m in. I'm here to help. (And may I just say, fair warning:  Tracy dreams big!)

            So today: Fair warning.
            World, Get ready.
            Tracy and I have a few things coming.
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...