Thursday, April 3, 2014

Here's to Happy Birthdays

            Here’s to a slightly shorter blog this evening thanks to an early kick off to my birthday weekend~If ever there was a holiday to honor food, birthdays would be it~ I usually come out a couple of pounds heavier after the festivities wear down, thanks to family and friends who equate birthdays with keeping me well fed! (And whoever invented white cake with white icing deserves to be rich.)
            Having a birthday fall on a weekend only gives me that many more days to spread things out, meanwhile I'll also be mixing business and pleasure, as Saturday will find me speaking and signing books with some wonderful women coming out to the Madison Church of Christ for an all day women’s conference. The focus for the event is “Being Mary in a Martha World” …Can’t think of a better way to spend a weekend while celebrating the kick off to another year on planet earth~
             I'll keep you posted on the birthday festivities when I come up for air~ Til then, many heartfelt thanks for the many well wishes, loving notes and posts. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...