Friday, September 12, 2014

The Difference in Soil and Dirt

     Believe it or not, there is a difference.
     And it's things like this I wanted to know. My Master Gardening itinerary had me at hello.
     We're off and running .... Little did I know how little I knew.

     For the record...
     Soil's what's in your garden.
     Dirt is what follows you home. (The technical definition is: "displaced soil" and yes, there are actual, technical scientists and lab technicians who identify this stuff and label it for us so we'll know these things.)

     More on this topic later. (I've only begun, but so far I'm really digging it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...