Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Beautiful Niece

            With no children of my own (save for the 4-legged ones that romp about my yard) I owe my brother a debt of gratitude for the two beautiful nieces I love as my own. Much to their parents chagrin I’m sure, both are big time travel bugs. (I once thought that they got that from me, though at this stage of their young lives they have seen far more of the globe than I have; and are doing it more frequently, so that I now live vicariously.)
But sweeter to me yet, both have hearts for missions, which despite the concerns any parent might have in this day and age for a child going half way around the world to study abroad, my niece Tiffany is committed to this cause and for the next six months, longs to study leadership and discipleship in testimony to her Christian faith in Mijas, Spain.
Seems like only yesterday, her biggest decisions in life were Chucky Cheese or circus? Dress up or hiking trails?  But as life evolves, so do discussions and decisions about why we’re here. Today finds our talks more soulful…we talk about service and ministry and how best to do the work you were put here to do.
She’s a brave little girl and a beautiful young woman; I’m proud of her resolve and adore her beautiful heart.
For those interested in ministry leadership programs such as this or in contributing to this mission, you’ll find more information at: http://www.g42leadershipacademy.org And should you find it in your heart to support her journey, all donations through G-42 Leadership Academy are tax deductible. (Just make sure you plug in her name –Tiffany Evins – so that it routes to the proper intern.)
Here’s to each of us finding our own calling in life…
And here’s to supporting others in finding their own.

We welcome your prayers, your support, your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...