Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Of Trucks, Dogs and Friends (Rosey's Spay Day!)

          I’ve heard it said you never want to own a boat or a truck, but you do want to have a friend with one~ I’m sticking with that one when it comes to boats, but I’m pretty dang certain you can never be officially country without a truck. But until I get there, thank God for friends as today was our day to get Rosey to the spay an neuter clinic one town over.
            May I just take a moment while I’m here to give a big ol shout out to the folks at the Sumner Spay and Neuter Alliance in Gallatin. If you’re considering this proposition for your pet, (and I highly recommend you do)...This is your place. Not only are the fees half what you’d pay in a vet’s office, they’ll update your vaccinations, and even (micro)chip your pet while they’re at it for a small additional fee~  They are, in a word the BEST!
            Trickiest part was getting Rosey in the truck as it didn’t take her long to determine that something was different about this morning. First she broke a lead; then she slipped her a collar…Then she took a nice long romp around the neighborhood before getting hoisted into the vehicle against her wishes. Nervous she might jump out the back, my friend graciously allowed her to sit in the cab with us which tells you what kinda friend he is given Rosey’s doggy-fine condition. (In addition to being 3 days into her heat cycle, Rosey also managed to tangle with a skunk the day before. Let’s just say there’s not enough Fabreeze on the planet ~ Oh to be “nose blind” for real. )
            Once there and paperwork complete, Rosey weighed in at a whopping 109, meaning TJ must weigh at least 150 if he’s an ounce. In one last ditch effort to avoid her plight, Rosey splayed her legs before entering the operating room, but to no avail. I left knowing she was in capable hands and that we’d done the responsible thing.
            I would get to do this same routine in reverse in 24 more hours. For now, my job was to release her into their care, and that of the good Lord. Rosey’s mothering days are done and for sure, she was the best. Rosey took to motherhood like a duck to water, but now was the time to be a good mama myself, after all birthing pups is stressful on a dog, and certainly a dog this size. When it comes to my Rosey, I’ll do anything in my power to keep her days stress free and happy, after all, I want my girl around for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...