Thursday, July 31, 2014

Green Acres is the Place to Be

           
            As yesterday’s blog will attest, this day was cast before it began…
            Only you can’t really “cast” a day in the country. You can only, kinda start one and then hang on for the ride…
            I was given strict instructions to pick Rosey up by 7:45 at the big S&N (Spay and Neuter clinic over in Gallatin). Seems things pick up steam after 8, and by the looks of things, I’d say Thursdays are cat days.
            At the mercy of my friend with the truck and given that same said friend had cats in need of “fixin’” …we were two for two on the ol early morning drive to Gallatin heading towards a clinic where we could now be staff.
            In a scene I could only title “What a difference a day makes” …we arrived back at the same, said clinic, at approximately same said hour….only to find a line out the door looking lots like a Walmart day after Thanksgiving. There were cats in carriers; cats in crates; cats in little kid’s arms. Seems someone put out a memo saying “Today is get your kitty spayed day” and everyone clipped the ad. I’ve never seen so many cat people (nor have I seen so many cats)…It was a 180 opposite of Rosey’s check in the day before.
            Ever the co-dependent, simplifier in moments such as these, I hit the scene hoping to help, thus was doubly grateful when one of the staff whistled “Pssst…Hey….You~ Meet me out back”  which I did. . . only to be greeted by Rosey …all belly-shaved and druggy happy. Having swapped her ovaries for a microchip and a tattoo (seemed a fair trade to me) I was told Rosey refused their food, but she was plenty happy with the drive thru we managed on our way home J (I know. I know. The paperwork forbade this, but hey… Rosey spent her first night ever in a cage. Work with me people. Work with me.)
            Having blocked off my day to work from home, it was “Farm-ville 101” in the truest sense of the word as I used the day to catch up while Rosey napped off her drugs.

Catch up on a farm includes pulling crops, picklin’ cukes, freezing corn and basically stashing away all the produce one girl can stash between talking on my blue tooth and making notes for business meetings to come. (Yes, at some point I have to leave my little doggie /goat haven and head into the city to do business things…otherwise, dogs, goats and girls don’t eat)…But today was Rosey’s day to have her mama at home. At least I was able to check on her regularly and stop every so often when she’d go belly up to show me her stitches, reminding me that this was her day to be pampered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...