Thursday, July 24, 2014

When Dog Butts Go Viral

     So many ways to subtitle this one....Oh, the possibilities ...
     My thoughts right now range from
               "Make no butts about it...Jesus is the way" to
                                          "This is why the other countries hate us."
     As for me, my day was long enough before getting to all this. New project on the horizon / old business needing help. Combination of the two has me losing more time than that consumed from washing goat bowls and refilling water pails. But until the next one is "in the works" ...I have other matters to tend to...Things like loading docks...billing...new cookbooks to reprint. Things like gardens coming in, houses needing care...barns to be built. All this, not even counting friends going through crap....divorces mid stream....foreclosures at bay...Anymore, it's a toss up as to which challenge most needs the attention on any given day (and for a girl in ADD mode already, well...double down on that one. The results remain to be seen.)
     So what does one do to unwind/unravel from days like these? Don't know about you, but I either flip on a mindless TIVO'd "Frazier" episode or I check in with my Facebook peeps. (In other words, if I have 20 minutes before bedtime, I'm tossing it away. I'm no saint on this front...Some days just are what they are...I need the fix.)
     With any luck at all, someone's posted something silly that'll have me LOL in no time . . . Every now and again, some posts have me LMAO~ (Mom. For you... L = Laughing  M is My ---you insert the creature you once road in Mexico...Last word -- "Off")  On behalf of all of us FB scrollers everywhere... Thank you creative posters for creating or forwarding a good post that leaves us this way.)
     Tonight's LMAO moment came with a post I hesitated to forward (then again, it was just too dang funny not to)... Were my Div School professor on FB, I think she'd have found this funny too, but the rest of the world well, they'll probably deem me evil or shallow or both and question what I really believe (when what I really believe is, I need a nap).
     To those kinda folk--Rest assured, I love my faith. I do my best to live my faith...
     But I'd also like to think that Jesus was a light-hearted dude and would've found this a funny FB post...Can't speak for the man, but I'm pretty sure even he would be L-hisAO with this one.
     Many caught the joke after a few minutes of staring (granted at a dog's butt, but therein lies the humor)... But(t) coming from a town that drew national attention for a honey bun boasting what is now revered as the "Nun Bun" ...(a 2-day old coffee house danish that DID, in fact, age in such a way as to resemble Mother Teresa) ...Well, those folks wound up on "60 Minutes" ... We cherish these things. Put the same notoriety on an image coming off a dog's butt and I say we're not that far behind (Ok. There are just so many puns tied to this one... I can't even count 'em. I just need to write 'em and sleep.)
     Bottom line: This. THIS, is my comic relief end of day. And lest anyone write me and say I should not be taking the likeness of our Lord in vain, may I gently remind you WE HAVE NO IMAGES OF HIS LIKENESS FOLKS!! There were no cameras back then. Jesus had no FB followers (only real ones) ...The man never took a selfie. So face it. This may be as close as we get.
     Lest you think I've disrespected the creator by laughing at a dog's behind....may I respectfully say...it was God who made the dog, so who's to say He's not checking on us...just to make sure we're watching for him everywhere. What's more, surely Jesus had a sense of humor. They tell us he cried. I pray to God he laughed. If ours is a God of love, and love we equate with all things good and positive--well, I'd say laughter is about as loving as it gets. I think Socrates himself would've concluded (as have I) that God has a sense of humor (after all, he made monkeys). That same God made this dog...complete with the markings on her behiney that appear to be Jesus saying "Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will make you laugh!" (Talk about the Lord working in mysterious ways~) Yep. I'm thinking God knows this is funny.
           Thanks to the soul who stared at his dog's butt long enough to see the humor (if not his savior) here. You made me laugh to the point of tears. For the comic relief alone, it was a blessing~ Add to that the sense of community from all the comments to a FB post, and well...that's a good thing too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Matters of the Heart (an update from the girl who's had open heart surgery)

         Seems a good time for a blog...      I am happy to report I am home from the hospital, new ticker in tact...resting and on the ...